Our College’s highly qualified, well-trained and dedicated teachers guarantee high quality education. The school has a proven record of academic success. A wide range of subjects is available. Talent is nurtured and the school has a good record of success in cultural, sporting and extramural activities.
- Progressive teaching methods in small classes for more individual attention.
- Well-equipped classrooms, computer room, technology, science and media facilities.
- Teachers encourage individual expression and questioning of ideas.
- Focus not only on the knowledge, but the skills and positive attitudes to succeed and be happy and fulfilled in the real world.
- Interactive learning.
- Extra lesson programme.
- A varied curriculum culminating in the writing of the IEB NSC examinations.
- A culture of respect for all religions and traditions.
- A holistic education that encourages all aspects of the child’s learning experience.
- An educational space for the artistic, sports and dramatic growth of all learners.
What our learners are saying:
“It’s a cool school, everyone knows my name”.
“I am learning more because my class is small”.
“Our teachers know us and can therefore help us when we are struggling”.
“I enjoy my soccer here”.
“My teachers have high expectations of us”.
“When I am done here, I know that I will be a success because I have always been given recognition for being me!”
Sport and Cultural Programme
We offer a variety of sports and cultural activities, most are included in our school fees but some taught by external teachers and are at your own cost.
School Offered Activities
• Soccer (boys & girls)
• Cricket (boys)
• Softball (girls)
• Netball (girls)
• Rugby (boys)
• Touch Rugby (boys & girls)
• Tennis (boys & girls)
• Active Education (Let's Play)
• Cross Country
• Public Speaking
• Writers Club
• Community Outreach
• Cricket Academy
• Music (instruments)
• Tekkie Tennis
Our spacious facilities, in an open setting, have been designed for ease of learning. The Pre-School children meet in their own special secure buildings, the preparatory school and college have bright, well equipped classrooms with easy access to the technology centre, computer centres, and sports and recreation facilities.
The separate administration block houses our excellent library, an internet media centre, fully equipped computer centre, spacious auditorium and administrative offices.
Sagewood has two well-equipped computer rooms: one is used by Grade 1 – 7 learners and the other by the Grade 8 – 12 learners.
We teach computer literacy from Gr. 1 – 9 and familiarise our learners with all aspects of computer technology. They are encouraged to use the computers for their projects in other subjects.
Computer Application Technology
We teach Computer Application Technology from Gr. 10 – 12. It is similar to Computer Literacy. College learners are given the necessary computer skills, using the Office Package, Internet and Email.
In this subject tuition in programming is provided.